The Student News Site of Beth Tfiloh Dahan Community School

Kol BT

• March 8Spring Sports Season! Support Your Friends!
  • March 7Pesach One Month Away!
  • September 28Check out the Science Club's Newsletter

Kol BT

Kol BT

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Interview with Jacob Blum

Interview with Jacob Blum

Embarking on a new beginning. A new chapter. That is how Jacob Blum ‘24 felt when he began his high school journey at Beth Tfiloh. When you enter those Beth Tfiloh doors, you do not expect the next four years to pass you by in the blink of an eye. But they do. 

Although transferring to a different school requires many adjustments, Jacob managed to excel in his academics and extracurriculars while at Beth Tfiloh. Jacob played Junior Varsity tennis during his freshman year, and Varsity tennis for 10th, 11th, and 12th grade, where he won multiple medals and trophies for his outstanding play on the court. Jacob also plays for Baltimore Tennis Patrons outside of school where he is number two on his team. Additionally, throughout Jacob’s Beth Tfiloh experience, he took rigorous AP classes that influenced him into a major in accounting.

Recently, Jacob committed to Northeastern University where he plans to major in accounting. Many times, students express their discomforts and discontentment towards math, however, Jacob enjoys high-level math courses. Not only does Jacob feel elated for his future endeavors regarding accounting, but Jacob also conveys that he looks forward to a “new beginning” at Northeastern. When interviewing Jacob, I noticed that he indicated the importance of extracurriculars; although participating in sports sparks friendships and social interactions, Jacob realized early in his high-school career that joining volunteer programs such as 4Front, a local Jewish organization that fosters teen growth and community service, positively contributes to the Jewish community. Furthermore, when students actively engage in opportunities outside of school, this demonstrates to colleges that students desire to give back to their communities. That is exactly what Jacob did. This year, Jacob joined Gesher, a year-long fellowship that 4front offers to a select number of students. Gesher provides fellows with the ability to learn about their Jewish roots while benefiting their communities through leadership. 

While BT has become a familiar place to Jacob, he feels excited to start a new journey. College will spark another door to open for him, leading Jacob to many opportunities. Although a blueprint to obtain success does not exist, Jacob is beginning a bright future ahead of him.