The Student News Site of Beth Tfiloh Dahan Community School

Kol BT

• March 8Spring Sports Season! Support Your Friends!
  • March 7Pesach One Month Away!
  • September 28Check out the Science Club's Newsletter

Kol BT

Kol BT

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Boys Varsity Soccer Championship Run

The Boys Varsity Soccer team just came short of the MIAA C Conference Soccer Championship against Friends School of Baltimore, 1-0. They had an incredible season, with the record of 5-0-3, second in their division. This would have been Beth Tfiloh first ever championship in soccer. They were undefeated and had a solid season but came so close.

With only 5 seniors and a junior graduating early, the future of the team is in good hands. Ben Rakhamimov (‘27) is the only freshman and now has three more years to improve and help the team. He says that being on the soccer team is like “being the youngest brother in a family” and is excited to have another shot next season. Although Ben R.  did not see the field so much he really felt connected to the team. He and the whole team felt like brothers.

Everyone felt disappointed when they had lost but it hurt the seniors the most because this is probably the last time they play soccer on a team. When asked if it was unexpected to make the championship,  Coach Matt Smith said, “it would be difficult this year after graduating 11 seniors, 8 starters last season, but I knew there was a lot of talent on the team and that we would be competitive.” Benjamin Levy (‘26) believes that they could have won the game. They needed to make more goals and said that was a problem they had all season. Ben L. still has two more years and believes that they could win next year. Though Lev Shalva (‘23) is now finished with his high school soccer career, he says that next year’s team will definitely get the win.

Coach Smith and the rest of the team were confident coming into the game because they had played Friends earlier this season and had tied 0-0, so they knew they had a shot. Lev  believes that if “played our game, kept possession, played it on the ground, and moved off ball” they could have won. The team tried their absolute best, but came up just short. With a young core and returning players they have a great shot next year to win the championship.