The Student News Site of Beth Tfiloh Dahan Community School

Kol BT

• March 8Spring Sports Season! Support Your Friends!
  • March 7Pesach One Month Away!
  • September 28Check out the Science Club's Newsletter

Kol BT

Kol BT

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

BTVB SEASON RECAP

The Beth Tfiloh Men’s varsity basketball team had a very successful season, which still has not technically ended as the Warriors will be traveling to New York to participate in the Red Sarachek Tournament on March 28. So far, the Warriors are 25-8, going 8-2 in conference and ending with a championship appearance, although they fell short in the championship, losing to Saints Peter and Paul 68-58. Throughout the season, the Warriors won two championships, the Weiner Tournament and the Israel Becker Tournament in Toronto. The Warriors also defeated the Berman Cougars 86-63 and the Charles E. Smith Jewish Day school Lions twice. 

This team had many accomplished athletes with impressive stats. 

Michael C. ‘24 led the team in scoring with 15 per game and Jake S. ‘24 averaged 12.3 per game. 

Michael also led the team with 130 made free throws on 72.6% and in steals with 2.2 per game. 

In the rebounding department Julian K. ‘24 led the team with 175 total rebounds and Elan V. ‘24 led the team in rebounds per game with 6.1 (he missed 10 games due to injury) 

In the steals department, Michael C.’24 led the team with 2.2 per game and Dani O. ‘24 and Jake S. ‘24 also averaged 2 per game. 

Elan V. ‘24 led the team with 3.7 assists per game and Michael C. ‘24 added 3.2 per game. 

Jake S. ‘24 set a BT record (at least since Coach Braun has been here) with 35 total charges. 

Julian K. ‘24 also set a BT record in Coach Braun’s tenure with 51 blocks 

The seniors of this team who were also on the team last year compiled a record of 50-18 in two years in addition to three championships. A lot of success on the court. Although this season didn’t end in a MIAA championship like last year, this team still had an immense amount of success on the court and we wish luck to the Warriors in the Sarachek Tournament. Keep a look out for updates about the tournament and follow the team on instagram @btvarsitybasketball. Thank you everyone for supporting us throughout the season!