The Student News Site of Beth Tfiloh Dahan Community School

Kol BT

• March 8Spring Sports Season! Support Your Friends!
  • March 7Pesach One Month Away!
  • September 28Check out the Science Club's Newsletter

Kol BT

Kol BT

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Teacher Spotlight: Rabbi Richter

At Beth Tfiloh, Rabbi Aryeh Richter serves as an inspiration, greatly impacting the hearts and minds of his students. With a deep dedication to education and a profound commitment to nurturing young minds, Rabbi Richter’s journey from Lakewood, New Jersey, to Baltimore is a testament to his unwavering passion for teaching and guiding.

“Growing up in Lakewood, New Jersey, was like being part of a close-knit family,” Rabbi Richter shares, reminiscing about his childhood in the vibrant Jewish community. “Today, that community has grown exponentially and is unrecognizable from the community I knew.”

Driven by a deep belief in the power of education, Rabbi Richter embarked on the path of teaching and rabbinical leadership. Inspired by the pivotal role that educators played in shaping his own life, particularly during the formative years of high school, Rabbi Richter felt inspired to give back to the Jewish community.

“If you’ve had me as a teacher, you likely heard me say that I believe the most important years of your life are high school,” Rabbi Richter notes. “You start as a child and finish as an adult. While that adulthood happens, you will build the foundations for your whole adult life.”

Arriving in Baltimore in 2017, Rabbi Richter was drawn to Beth Tfiloh for its vibrant and dynamic atmosphere. “I observed so much positivity brewing at BT,” Rabbi Richter reflects. “I did some homework and decided that it was a place where I wanted to invest my energy.”

Outside the classroom, Rabbi Richter leads an enriching life through his roles as a devoted husband, proud father of five children, and assistant Rabbi at Suburban Orthodox Congregation. Additionally, his experience as a Marriage and Family Therapist in private practice showcases his commitment to a person’s overall well-being.

Amidst his many responsibilities, Rabbi Richter finds meaning in many hobbies, from engaging in DIY projects to practicing his cooking skills and spending time on Torah study.

“When you teach Judaic studies, you’re passing on age-old values and traditions,” Rabbi Richter explains. “It is my greatest privilege to provide another link to the chain of thousands of years of history.”

Rabbi Richter offers wise advice to high school students, urging them to embrace their passions with humility and pride while never giving in to the limitations imposed by others.

“Never let anyone tell you, you can’t,’” Rabbi Richter advises. “Follow your passion but find the perfect balance between humility and pride.”

In the end, Rabbi Richter is not just a teacher. He is a mentor, a guide, and a friend. BT students are lucky to have him in their corner, pushing them to be the best they can be.