The Student News Site of Beth Tfiloh Dahan Community School

Kol BT

• March 8Spring Sports Season! Support Your Friends!
  • March 7Pesach One Month Away!
  • September 28Check out the Science Club's Newsletter

Kol BT

Kol BT

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

AP 101

https%3A%2F%2Fwestorangehs.ocps.net%2Fstudent_services%2Facademic_programs%2Fadvanced_placement___a_p_
https://westorangehs.ocps.net/student_services/academic_programs/advanced_placement___a_p_

As high school students begin to approach college they may question whether to take Advanced Placement (AP) classes. What are the benefits, and is it worth the effort? 

This academic year, Beth Tfiloh offers fourteen different AP classes, including AP Calculus AB, AP English Language, AP Physics, APUSH, AP Computer Science A, AP Computer Science Principles, AP Biology (9th and 12th grades), AP Calc BC, AP Chemistry, AP Comparative Government, AP Macroeconomics, AP Physics 2, AP Psych, AP Statistics (9th and 12th grades), AP Physics, AP Computer Science A, and AP Comparative Government. Dr. Koplon, the Beth Tfiloh High School Principal, states that “One of the key parts of our mission at Beth Tfiloh is attention to the individual.” AP classes serve as a platform for students to embrace college-level learning.

Azriel M ‘24, a senior at Beth Tfiloh currently in AP Biology and AP Comparative Government, shares insights into the transformative experience. According to Azriel, participating in AP classes goes beyond textbooks, it “cultivates a good work ethic and a persevering mindset.” Azriel further describes, “AP classes test and instill conceptual thinking and analysis of things in life, which helps with developing complex perspectives on life in general.”

So, what are the biggest benefits of AP classes? First, there’s the appeal of earning college credits. Success (4 or a 5) on AP exams can translate into course credits at many colleges. It’s a head start on the college journey, potentially saving both time and money. Additionally, excelling in AP classes can improve high school transcripts and may enhance college applications.

Elie S, ‘24 adds valuable advice: “You definitely need to dedicate more time to note-taking outside of class and make it a priority to visit your teacher to ask questions because they don’t always ask you what you need; you have to be proactive.” This proactive approach is a key for success in AP classes.

So, to all the high school students out there considering AP classes, the adventure awaits – are you ready to embrace it?